Tuesday 19 March 2013


I Stand Alone


I hear it chime
But the clock stands still
No battery or life
No key of will
I hear your voice 
In the distance call
But you are not here
Only a bare wall
I smell the sweetness 
Of perfumes sprayed
But you are not here 
Although I prayed and prayed
For that tender breath
To silently creep in
To feel your hands
Warm on my skin 
I cry in the dark
Calling out your name 
But you are not here 
This is such a cruel game
I wake to find the bed so cold
Pillows uncreased
Only memories told
A single coffee cup 
On a table for two 
And by the door 
Only one pair of shoes 
But you are not here
To calm my mind 
To cradle scared thoughts 
That leave me blind
I see your smile 
Right there in my dreams 
I would bring you back
If I had the means 
Make up covers tears
And eyes that are aching
My OKs are false 
To the People I am facing 
If only you knew how hard it is
But you are not here 
To help with a tender kiss
So I cover the clock
Ignore the Day 
Because you are not here
To help stop my life fray 


No comments:

Post a Comment