Monday 7 May 2012


Confetti.


Confetti once shone on the floor
Wedding bells died
As you walked out the door
All that love oozing
Like melted down gold
Promises in Church
Turned out in the cold
Happiness lost
As needles in hay
What was the point
Of that Glamours day
I shiver and cry 
Into that dress
Jewels I wore
Broken in distress
Cards ripped up photos destroyed
Abandoned by a heart annoyed
Pettals pulled from a once
Beautiful boquet
Spred on the floor in disarray
Tiara still sparkling
Amongst shattered dreams
Sunlight showing 
Glistening tears of streams
Gone are days 
Of  loving as one
Nights full of darkness
Have now begun
Heartache beside me
My company in bed
Mourfull sadness
Crashing into my head
Goodbye to a future
That I thought was won
I'll sit here watching 
The confetti run. 




No comments:

Post a Comment