Tuesday 1 May 2012

Flashes.
Sitting in my bedroom
Reading a good book
Then I saw the lightening
The thunder shook
Pulling back the curtains
To watch battering rain
Splashes down in rivers
That tumble down the drain
Neighbours at their windows
Glancing at the sky
The beauty of our universe
Brings a tear drop to my eye
Electricity slips away
To hide back in fright
But me, I embrace this enormous wonder
With pure excited delight
I listen as it crashes
Surrounds us in it's path
Raging as a Temptress 
With an evil laugh
Storm you made the night so black
Lightening you must agree
That even though your mesmerising 
You set our feelings free
You bring a peace and stillness
When yor wrath is danced
Happy in your knowing 
You put us in a trance
So for now you fade away
Huddled up in space
I'll greet the day with open arms
When again we meet face to face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment