Tuesday 1 May 2012


Haunted.


Chaires topple
Tables slide
All aided by a Ghost
They hide in dark places
And scare me the most
Just because I can't see them
Doesn't mean they are not there 
Hidden under my duvet
Listening to every creak on the stair
I wonder what they want from me
Why they call my name
Lights flicker on and off
They like to play their games
I beg comfort from huddled in my bed
Drawing up my pillow
To cover my sleepy dread
Shadows creep over me
I swear I see a light
Twinkling on the ceiling
Giving me such a fright
I need to fall asleep now
Wishing they would go away
But every sense can feel them
I think they are here to stay
They are not loved ones watching over me 
They dance along my walls
With such cruelty
I scramble out prayers
Demanding them to disappear
I can't help but lay so still
Drowning in my fear
Hurry up day light
Take these Ghosts away
I wish they would stop
Making the chandelier sway
Tapping on the floor boards 
opening a  door
I really don't want my skin
To prickle any more
But as I start to fall asleep
Every thing goes still
Darkness is free again
All around me so tranquill
Warm and cosy

No comments:

Post a Comment